
OK, so I had a conversation today that I have had many times in the past with many different people over the course of many years. The topic of said conversation was how any person blessed with the magical powers of hearing and the ability to count to 8 (don't even need to take off your shoes and socks for that one) could possibly not find the 1 in a piece of music. There are two kinds of people in this world - those who can find the 1 and those who sadly cannot and never the twain shall meet. It drives me absolutely insane when people clap on the wrong beat to a point that I actually grind my teeth - which I know is extreme, but it actually causes me physical pain to hear it. How can a person possibly not hear the difference between the 1 and the 4? Is there something missing in their brains? Is there something extra in my brain? I don't get it. I have tried to 'teach' people to find it but have had no success. This endeavour only serves to make me incredibly angry and test my patience.
How is it that I am able to teach a child of 3 years old to read, but I cannot teach a reasonably intelligent adult to properly count to 8? Can there be an island where only people who can count can live? If so, can I live there and guard the shores from the likes of dyslexic counters? For my part and in order to stop the insanity, I pledge to never engage in this ludicrous conversation ever again because it only serves to piss me the fuck off.
Wednesday, February 6, 2008
Never the twain shall meet
Posted by Sarahmouche at 7:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment